July 24, 2020
The FormulaFolios Digital Platform is a suite of tools designed to help independent financial advisors operate their businesses more efficiently, enabling them to spend less time doing paper work and more time doing good for their clients.
This page offers bi-weekly status updates from our Engineering and Project Management teams, detailing development progress and recently delivered product updates.
- We’ve added an “Updates” section to the Advisor Portal Dashboard. We’ll use this section to deliver important information. For example, look for this week’s WealthGuard Update here.
- The TD Ameritrade ‘Business Account Application’ is now available for digital account opening. You can access the newly added account application via the Advisor Portal. This applies to eligible advisors under TD Ameritrade rep code 85C. More information on exactly how to open a digital account can be found here.
- The TD Ameritrade ‘Third Party Investment Program Application’ can now be used to open both UGMA and UTMA accounts. This applies to eligible advisors under TD Ameritrade rep code 9DW. More information on exactly how to open a digital account can be found here.
- The CRS (Customer Relationship Summary) form has been added to the digital account opening tool. For those advisors eligible to use the tool, the CRS form will automatically be delivered to the client with no additional work.
Investor Onboarding is currently in Alpha—an internal testing phase to allow our Engineering team to suss out any significant bugs or usability issues and develop additional features to improve overall functionality.
- Closed accounts will be hidden from view on the user’s dashboard to help reduce unnecessary clutter, but users will still be able to view transaction history or statements.
- Investors will now be able to initiate an inbound account transfer after the account opening process, allowing the investor to bring in additional funds or skip the funding process during account opening if they didn’t have all the information on-hand. This provides some more flexibility for the investor.
- We’ve implemented some design changes to make the “Contact Advisor” feature more noticeable and increase legibility on the accounts dashboard. To further enhance user experience, we’ve also made various updates and fixes after our site-wide design system update mentioned in our May release notes.
Retirement Wealth Academy & Retirement.tips
- We now have the ability to send text messages to retirement.tips webinar registrants. Asking for their mobile numbers on the registration screen gives us another way to remind registrants about their upcoming webinars.